If you are under an investigation or have been charged with a crime, we recognize the need to have someone on your side protecting and advocating for your rights. At Joyce Valenzuela Law Offices, you will find the quality legal representation needed to assist you through this challenging process.
We recognize that this can be a very overwhelming and frustrating time, but the good news is that we understand the criminal justice system in California and are equipped to navigate you every step of the way. We recognize that criminal charges can have a long-lasting effect on your life, which is why we utilize our legal skill and resources to protect your future and your reputation.
Our practice focuses on the defense of clients pre-charge and post-charge infractions, misdemeanor and felony criminal matters in Southern California including DUI, domestic violence, criminal threats, drug crimes, theft crimes, expungements, and more serious criminal offenses.
Click on the links below for some examples of Common Crimes:
JV Law handles a number of other crimes, not included in this list. Contact us for more information.
- DUI & DMV Hearings – Even a first-time arrest for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of alcohol, marijuana, prescription medication or other drugs, can carry serious consequences…
- Driving Under a Suspended License or Driving Without a License – Under California law, it is illegal to drive a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license (VC §12500) or after your driver’s license is suspended or revoked (VC §14601)
- Drug Offenses – Drug offenses fall within the following three categories: (1) manufacture or distribution, (2) sales and (3) personal use.
- Theft Offenses – Generally, theft is the unlawful taking of someone’s property. Theft offenses can characteristically be divided into two categories under the California Penal Code: petty theft and grand theft.
- Vehicle Theft Crimes – If you steal a vehicle in the state of California, you may be charged with one of the following vehicle theft offenses: (1) Grand Theft Auto (PC § 487(d)(1)), (2)The Unlawful Taking of a Vehicle (VC § 10851) – “Joyriding”, (3) Carjacking (PC § 215).
- Fraud and Forgery Theft Crimes – Fraud and forgery cover various theft offenses, including internet fraud, securities fraud, bank fraud, and mail fraud…
- Sex Crimes – Prostitution/Soliciting/Pandering or Pimping – Prostitution laws in California state that anyone who makes an agreement with someone to engage in sexual intercourse or a lewd act with someone else in exchange for money, or some other form of compensation is guilty of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
Post Conviction Relief :
- Expungements (Penal Code 1203.4) – If you have been convicted of a crime you have the right to clear your criminal record and get a “fresh start.”
- Early Termination of Probation (Penal Code 1203.3) – A petition of early termination of probation can be made when you have completed all terms and conditions of probation except for the actual period of probation…
- Petition to Reduce Felony to Misdemeanor (17(b) Motion) – A 17(b) Motion can be used when you have been convicted of a felony offense if that felony offense could have been charged as a misdemeanor.
Contact us today for a consultation and find out how we can help.